Finding the Light: A story of Inspiration
A day after I have returned from my trip in Marawi City, I texted my dear Sister Zuhairah to inform her that I was back in town, the next morning we met together with Sister Sherrie and Sister Jehan.
And that’s where it all begun.
This workshop indeed was an answered du’a from Allah Azza Wa Jall.
When we met to talk about the workshop, Allah Azza Wa Jall made it so easy for us to organize it, the journey we took together with the Akhirah team went on so smoothly. Alhamdulillah.
The next thing we knew, it was the day of the workshop.
I woke up around 6 am, my cousin just finished offering her salah and I was off to freshen up and prepare things for the workshop.
I was served hot native coffee straight from the hands of my sister, and I was doing my last minute notes for the lecture, few minutes later, the car arrived and we were off to the venue.
The venue was new to me, I’ve been living in this city for the last 24 years already and I have never been able to go to this place where the venue was located. Ma sha Allah, and this was what excited me most, to see new places and meet new people.
It was a gorgeous place, it gave you that traditional and “native” refreshing ambiance. (I can’t help myself but take a picture of the ceiling of the place – you can check it on the snaps below – it was made of “banig” it was amazing. An inspiration!) Indeed, it was not only a place to relax and enjoy but also an illustration of the culture in Muslim Mindanao. It was a great place to deliver the message of Islam as well as to learn new things from people who came to the workshop.
This workshop was delivered to one batch, composing of around 25 students.
And my heart went giddy yap when I found out that there were two kids joining the class. I’ve been always keen of kids. ma sha Allah. May Allah allow them to grow up healthy and make them amongst the saliheen. Amin.
It was very heart warming seeing all the participants tearing up as I shared some of the stories of the Sahabah Radiyallahu Anhum on their attachment with the Qur’an as well as how reading the Qur’an was made easy as generations passed.
Seeing such reactions from this particular group made me feel so happy and overwhelmed witnessing such hearts that melt after hearing some of the ahadith of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam as well as the history and the struggle of the people before us who helped in bringing the Qur’an up to our generation.
Indeed, All Praise is due to Allah. Alhamdulillah.
Some of the highlights:
• I finally met my dear pretty Sister Indira, to whom I have been in touched with through facebook chats. She has been a great sister to me as well as a supportive person on my projects. May Allah Azza Wa Jall continue to bless your kind heart Ate. Amin
• It was a reunion for two longing hearts for me and my Ate Juhria. After how many months, we finally met each other again, since the first time I have met her, my heart was placed in ease to know that I have a sister in her. May Allah Azza Wa Jall always keep you happy my Ate. Amin
• My sister Fatima Ismail Ebrahim, the person with the names of the Prophets. You were such a beautiful sister, such a humble and fun sister. May Allah Azza Wa Jall keep our love for His Sake genuine and flourishing until Jannah. Amin
• My sister Alianna, it is always a pleasure having you around, you are as always a wonderful sister who always brightens every person’s face with your beautiful smile. May Allah Azza Wa Jall keep you humble. Amin
• Baby Hasmien, the baby in the class, I will never forget your reaction when I was teaching you the letter Ra. I love you dearly, and just found out that you were the younger sister of my nephew’s classmate. Ma sha Allah how adorable. May you always have beautiful companions around you that would remind you of Allah Azza Wa Jall our little baby. Amin
• Sister Ctrozzhanara, indeed your name was one of a kind, and it was indeed a challenge to write it in Arabic Calligraphy but being with you was the total opposite of it, you were so easy with us and was very down to earth may Allah Azza Wa Jall bless you. Amin
• Sister Norhaida and Sister Hasna, thank you so much for coming over to the workshop even though it was a long travel. I really appreciate your efforts. May Allah Azza Wa Jall accept it from you both. Amin
• Sister Sherrie, Sister Jehan and Sister Zuhairah, you all were beautiful and I loved being with your company. May Allah Azza Wa Jall bless you three the best of this world and the next. Amin
• Sister July, a face that brought me back to my high school years. Ma sha Allah you were an inspiration to me! I pray Allah blesses you with all the happiness in this world and the next, may we meet again together with Brother Hardy and Sister Mumtaz. Amin May Allah Azza Wa Jall bless your beautiful family! Amin.
• My dear sister Zuraidie, you have been always an inspiration, and it was so lovely meeting your sister Norhaima and sister Sarah. Talking with you, brought me to a phase of thinking whether I should get the halaqah sessions back or not, nevertheless, let us make du’a. in sha Allah.
• To Sister Sherjan, you truly touched my heart when you came and asked me to write the name of your child, it was such a simple act but shows how much love there is in the heart of a mother for her child. It was a moment when my tears invisibly dropped out. May Allah Azza Wa Jall bless you sis. Amin
• To the rest of the sisters, I am very blessed to have met you in this life, and I pray that we all be gathered together under His Shade on the day we all meet our Rabb. Amin
Jazakumullahu Khayran everyone.
• Sister Zuhairah, Sister Sherrie and Sister Jehan, the three beauties behind Akhirah Events Specialist, as well as the event. Jazakumullahu Khayran for all the love and support. May Allah Azza Wa Jall bless and help you more with organizing events in the service of Islam.
• Sister Najmah and Sister Princess of Babo Katip’s Eatery , Jazakumullahu Khayran for your generosity and support. May Allah Azza Wa Jall accept it from all of us. Amin
• My niece, Princess Omairah, my three lovely beauties, Sister Bai Aisha, Sister Sayfa and Sister Asleah… jazakumullahu khayran for helping me find such ways to get the calligraphy tools arrive in Cotabato in such a short notice. I love you all for His Sake. Amin
• To Kuya Abdul’Aziz, may Allah bless you for kindness in helping us and staying within the venue to watch over us during the event.
• And of course to my family, for their ever loving support, especially my father for allowing me to go and teach. Also for my sister Zohayra and cousin Hayah who were all there to help me during the event.
May Allah Azza Wa Jall accept it all from us. Amin
Love and prayers,
Want her to have a workshop with you?
Jazak Allahu Khayran for viewing.
Kindly remember my mother Allah yer7ama in your ad’iyah. May Allah Azza Wa Jall have mercy on her soul and grant her Jannatul Firdaus. Amin